I got this email today, feel free to share openly with whoever you think might fit. I get nothing for sharing except a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
One of Paladin’s leading global manufacturer in a near north Chicago suburb has an immediate for a Contract IT/ Web Applications Developer for a long-term, contract assignment.
The Web Applications Developer is responsible for developing an overall strategy, design and implementation for corporate Internet websites, an intranet, an extranet and web applications. This role will collaborate with Marketing, Sales and other business groups. The overall efforts include the organization of concepts into a design of information architecture; interface design, programming, scripting and publishing of website information, and design and development of web based applications.
The Web Applications Developer will ensure that sites are built using search engine optimized structures and administer content management tools to allow content ownership across the entire organization. The Web Applications Developer will coordinate this effort with business units, system administrators, programmers, graphic designers, writers/editors.
- Full technical knowledge in all areas of content management and enterprise content management applications.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience using application software and graphics design to develop and maintain the Internet, intranet, and extranet websites.
- Develops and deploys best practice tools for content management including user managed content areas. Works with a variety of third party content suppliers to ensure that format, taxonomy and other Sloan specifications are adhered to.
- Works closely with programmers, Marketing, and artists to ensure that the website is developed and tested according to specifications which allow for content sharing between systems.
- Monitors site usage and performance. Makes changes and suggests options to stakeholders to ensure that sites are performing optimally. Uses search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to ensure site content is positioned correctly in search results
- Responsible for coordination of all web projects for all the company’s divisions.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum of five years direct experience in enterprise content management and web development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technolofy or comparable field.
- Must possess technical knowledge of Open Text web content management applications (formerly RedDot).
- Significant hands-on experience with HTML, JAVA script, JAVA, ActiveX, server-side scripting languages, VB Script, ASP.NET, IIS, Apache, AJAX, jQuery, JOSON, CSS, XML, SOAP, etc.
- Must have experience developing web applications utilizing SQL databases. Experience must include defining database requirements, writing applications to access, updating and maintain the database through web based interfaces.
- Experience with design and development using Microsoft SharePoint software is highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· The Web Applications Developer may possesses knowledge of fields as diverse as network configuration, interface and graphic design, software development, Internet tools and technologies, business strategy, writing, marketing, and project management.
· Familiarity with graphic design and multimedia applications such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Real Audio, and Adobe Flash is desireable.
Start date: Immediate
Duration of Assignment: 3 to 6 months
Hourly rate ranges from $45 to $50, depending on the skill level and background
Expenses are reimbursed and requires receipts.
If you’re interested and qualified for the role, please send the following immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this great opportunity:
· Updated resume in word format; No PDFs please.
· Required: Portfolio URL link
· Required: Cover letter highlighting relevant experience related to this role.
· Three references
· Hourly rate through a staffing agency
Submissions without all of the above will not be considered.
Must be authorized to work in the US
Candidates who closely matches our client’s requirements will be contacted.